I will do so RIGHT NOW, as I am currently at my workstudy job for another 2.5 hours i.e. sitting in an office doing absolutely nothing, and I still have the psd
I am going to assume basic gifing/coloring skills bc a) it will take way longer to include that sort of thing and b) it’s been six months since I’ve made any graphics so I’m rusty etc.
1) pick your silhouette cap; color it as desired.
2) create a new color fill layer. add a mask, and in that mask, erase the silhouette. (try doing this with the fill set to 50% opacity, so you can see what you want to erase.)
layers, for reference:
(if you are ambitious, you can make the silhouette move as well; this would mean cutting out/erasing it in each frame. I am not ambitious.)
3) paste your desired overlay gif between the silhouette cap and the color fill. color as desired. position as desired.
what this looks like in my gif, with the hug cap and masked color fill hidden:
(with the layers grouped like this, the coloring on the kiss does not affect the coloring on the hug. the smudgy mask makes the line at the top of their heads where the cap stops less visible.)
what it looks like over the cap (set to screen):
what it looks like with the masked color fill visible:
4) add textures and tweak coloring as desired.
I added a few texture layers set to screen, another gradient map, and a blurred copy of my masked fill layer to soften it up.
final order of the layers: silhouette cap (hug), moving portion set to screen (kiss), texture layers, color fill with silhouette cut out.
Mark and I thought this was hilARIOUS
good good and good
my shipper life is actually kind of ridiculous right now—I’m writing H/D for the Bottom!Draco fest because I’m ridiculous and if you go through the prompts you can probably guess which one I claimed because I’m ridiculous but this will make more sense after reveals I’m sure
ahhhh this is a beautiful question, Anon, though it’s hard to measure with accuracy bc current feelings always feel much stronger than past feelings, you know? so I will not rank them in an order (& the order is meaningless k)
so these are pairings that at some point have consumed my being, with the qualifier that I still care about them on some level (because hello Draco/Ginny does not make this list even if they were my otp for five years)
- Harry/Draco - current biggest love; I read it every now and then during my initial participation in the HP fandom (which ended when DH came out) but never cared much because I always found side chars more interesting for fic purposes than Harry, but now that has all changed.
- Brian/Justin - do I need to explain this at all
- Ian/Mickey - ughhghghhh why isn’t it January
- Matt/Mello - the pairing that got me through HP ending! doesn’t make a lot of sense, I know, but they were my everything for the second half of 2007
- Remus/Sirius - the pairing that got me back into HP after over three years away from it!
it would be pretty helpful for both of us if you actually communicated whatever you’re trying to communicate
this assumes, of course, that you’re attempting to communicate something to me
so far you have not successfully done so
- “Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis” - Brand New
- “The Recluse” - Cursive
- “Books from Boxes” - Maximo Park
- “Heart” - Stars
- “5 Years Time” - Noah and the Whale
- “The Con” - Tegan and Sara
- “Terrible Love” - Birdy
- “Use Sombody” - Kina Grannis
- “Tonight, Tonight” - Passion Pit
- “Her Morning Elegance” - Oren Lavie
points for creativity, anon
I would make this playable on Grooveshark or somewhere but my internet is not up for such an endeavor so
- “Keep Breathing” - Ingrid Michaelson
- “World Spins Madly On” - The Weepies (of COURSE)
- “Somedays” - Regina Spektor
- “Get Lonely” - The Mountain Goats
- “Welcome Home, Son” - Radical Face
exhausted basically all of the time
but I had a lovely weekend and will have another one in a couple of days so it’s all good