In light of the new trend of shaming Laci Green for her supposed “islamophobia” — when she voiced that in her personal experience with Islam, it is an inherently misogynistic religion — I’ve decided to enlighten the fucking public.
Laci Green is not islamophobic for saying that the religion is sexist, because it is. As are so many organized religions! In fact, I’d say that most religions are, at their core, pretty misogynistic. They are structures of old society and their traditions and expectations from women and men are extremely sexist. It’s not islamophobic to recognize the sexism in the religion; just like it’s not an insult to Christianity for criticizing the sexism there, either. It’s an observation, a very valid point to make, and honestly, the truth!
Here are some prime examples of misogyny in the Islam religion.
- 2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you.
- 2:223 Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will.
- 2:228 Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them.
- 4:11 Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females
- 4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them.BUT!!!!!None of this means you are not free to practice this religion. None of this means that I’m shaming people for doing so. At its roots, the way the Islam religion treats women is sexist, and in no way does that make me islamophobic for realizing that. Recognizing misogyny in a religion is not a crime, or something to be shamed for.And it doesn’t make Laci Green islamophobic for coming to that same conclusion.